Show Leagues
Finished
League One
  • Date: 03/12/2019
  • KO: 20:45
  • Ref: Lisa Rashid, Wade Smith

Burton Albion

  • W
  • W
  • L
  • W
  • L

1 - 1

(HT : 0 - 1)

  • Venue
    Pirelli Stadium

Southend United

  • L
  • W
  • L
  • L
  • L

Match Commentary

Full Commentary

No News found

Burton Albion 1-1 Southend United

Burton Albion 1-1 Southend United

Goal cancels out McLaughlin opener at the Pirelli Stadium.

Ten-man Burton came from behind to grab a League One point from

a 1-1 home draw with strugglers Southend in a feisty affair at the Pirelli Stadium.

The Shrimpers stunned their hosts by taking a 21st minute lead through Stephen McLaughlin and Burton had John-Joe O’Toole sent off before Scott Fraser levelled early in the second half.

McLaughlin had already seen Burton goalkeeper Kieran O’Hara push one goalbound header onto the crossbar on the quarter of an hour mark before he met a Brandon Goodship corner to head emphatically home.

Burton’s evening got worse when central defender O’Toole was red-carded by referee Darren Drysdale for an on-the-floor altercation with Southend striker Tom Hopper.

Fraser’s equaliser four minutes into the second half settled Burton nerves as his pinpoint free-kick left Nathan Bishop rooted to his line, after Liam Boyce had been brought down just outside the box.

David Templeton rattled the crossbar from the edge of the box and Nathan Ralph denied Ryan Edwards with a last-ditch clearance as Albion, despite being at a numerical disadvantage, searched for a winner.

Match Preview: Burton Albion v Southend United

Match Preview: Burton Albion v Southend United

Burton will check on the fitness of Nathan Broadhead ahead of the visit of Southend.

The on-loan Everton winger missed Saturday’s FA Cup win over Oldham with a hamstring problem and is rated 50-50.

Richard Nartey (hamstring) and John Brayford (calf) were on the bench against Latics and could be involved.

Reece Hutchinson and Scott Fraser got some minutes as late substitutes to boost their fitness following recent knocks.

Southend could welcome back striker Stephen Humphrys and midfielder Sam Mantom.

Humphrys, Southend’s top scorer with five goals this season, has missed the last five matches with a thigh problem but is close to returning.

Mantom should be available after recovering from the hamstring injury which has kept him out for almost two months.

Luke Hyam, Charlie Kelman and Sam Barratt are set to miss out again.

Simulation

There is a 19.2% chance of a draw. In simulations where the game is not a draw Burton Albion, at 73.0%, are heavy favorites to beat Southend United who have a 7.8% chance. In simulation wins, Southend United upsets Burton Albion by averaging 5.4 shots and 2.3 shots on goal. They average 1.8 goals in simulated victories vs just 0.4 in simulation losses. Overall, the average simulation score is Burton Albion 2.2 to Southend United 0.6.

Place Team GP Won Draw Lost GF GA +/- Points
1 Wycombe Wanderers 19 11 7 1 28 14 14 40
2 Ipswich Town 17 10 5 2 27 12 15 35
3 Peterborough United 18 9 4 5 40 23 17 31
4 Rotherham United 18 9 3 6 30 18 12 30
5 Coventry City 18 7 9 2 23 20 3 30
6 Oxford United 17 8 5 4 37 19 18 29
7 Fleetwood Town 16 9 2 5 29 20 9 29
8 Blackpool 18 7 8 3 26 21 5 29
9 Bristol Rovers 17 8 4 5 23 22 1 28
10 Portsmouth 17 7 6 4 26 18 8 27
11 Sunderland 17 7 5 5 24 19 5 26
12 Burton Albion 17 6 6 5 21 18 3 24
13 Shrewsbury Town 17 6 6 5 16 19 -3 24
14 Doncaster Rovers 15 6 5 4 24 17 7 23
15 Gillingham 18 5 6 7 21 21 0 21
16 Rochdale 19 5 4 10 21 33 -12 19
17 Accrington Stanley 18 4 6 8 24 28 -4 18
18 Lincoln City 17 5 3 9 18 22 -4 18
19 AFC Wimbledon 18 4 4 10 21 28 -7 16
20 Tranmere Rovers 17 4 4 9 21 32 -11 16
21 Milton Keynes Dons 18 4 1 13 15 29 -14 13
22 Southend United 19 1 3 15 18 53 -35 6
23 Bolton Wanderers 15 3 4 8 9 36 -27 13
24 Bury 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Place Team GP Won Draw Lost GF GA +/- Points
1 Wycombe Wanderers 10 8 2 0 20 10 10 26
2 Ipswich Town 8 3 4 1 12 7 5 13
3 Peterborough United 9 6 2 1 24 9 15 20
4 Rotherham United 8 3 2 3 13 7 6 11
5 Coventry City 10 7 2 1 14 7 7 23
6 Oxford United 7 5 1 1 18 7 11 16
7 Fleetwood Town 9 7 1 1 16 7 9 22
8 Blackpool 9 5 2 2 15 12 3 17
9 Bristol Rovers 9 4 4 1 13 9 4 16
10 Portsmouth 9 5 4 0 17 9 8 19
11 Sunderland 9 5 3 1 17 8 9 18
12 Burton Albion 7 2 3 2 4 3 1 9
13 Shrewsbury Town 9 4 3 2 11 11 0 15
14 Doncaster Rovers 9 5 2 2 15 10 5 17
15 Gillingham 9 4 1 4 15 11 4 13
16 Rochdale 10 2 3 5 8 14 -6 9
17 Accrington Stanley 8 3 2 3 17 12 5 11
18 Lincoln City 7 4 1 2 10 7 3 13
19 AFC Wimbledon 9 3 4 2 10 10 0 13
20 Tranmere Rovers 8 2 3 3 14 12 2 9
21 Milton Keynes Dons 10 3 1 6 8 17 -9 10
22 Southend United 9 0 1 8 7 30 -23 1
23 Bolton Wanderers 8 2 4 2 5 10 -5 10
24 Bury 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Place Team GP Won Draw Lost GF GA +/- Points
1 Wycombe Wanderers 9 3 5 1 8 4 4 14
2 Ipswich Town 9 7 1 1 15 5 10 22
3 Peterborough United 9 3 2 4 16 14 2 11
4 Rotherham United 10 6 1 3 17 11 6 19
5 Coventry City 8 0 7 1 9 13 -4 7
6 Oxford United 10 3 4 3 19 12 7 13
7 Fleetwood Town 7 2 1 4 13 13 0 7
8 Blackpool 9 2 6 1 11 9 2 12
9 Bristol Rovers 8 4 0 4 10 13 -3 12
10 Portsmouth 8 2 2 4 9 9 0 8
11 Sunderland 8 2 2 4 7 11 -4 8
12 Burton Albion 10 4 3 3 17 15 2 15
13 Shrewsbury Town 8 2 3 3 5 8 -3 9
14 Doncaster Rovers 6 1 3 2 9 7 2 6
15 Gillingham 9 1 5 3 6 10 -4 8
16 Rochdale 9 3 1 5 13 19 -6 10
17 Accrington Stanley 10 1 4 5 7 16 -9 7
18 Lincoln City 10 1 2 7 8 15 -7 5
19 AFC Wimbledon 9 1 0 8 11 18 -7 3
20 Tranmere Rovers 9 2 1 6 7 20 -13 7
21 Milton Keynes Dons 8 1 0 7 7 12 -5 3
22 Southend United 10 1 2 7 11 23 -12 5
23 Bolton Wanderers 7 1 0 6 4 26 -22 3
24 Bury 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
H2H Comparison
18.03.2015 Burton Albion Southend United 2:1
03.10.2015 Burton Albion Southend United 1:1
03.12.2019 Burton Albion Southend United 1:0
Burton Albion - Last 5 games
07.12.2019 Burton Albion Lincoln City 0:2
30.11.2019 Oldham Athletic Burton Albion 0:1
26.11.2019 Sunderland Burton Albion 1:2
23.11.2019 Peterborough United Burton Albion 1:0
19.11.2019 Burton Albion Salford City 4:1
Southend United - Last 5 games
07.12.2019 Bristol Rovers Southend United 4:2
23.11.2019 Southend United Oxford United 0:4
13.11.2019 Southend United AFC Wimbledon 3:1
10.11.2019 Dover Athletic Southend United 1:0
05.11.2019 Portsmouth Southend United 4:1
Markets Probability % Odds Value
Place Team GP Won Draw Lost GF GA +/- Points
1 Wycombe Wanderers 19 11 7 1 28 14 14 40
2 Ipswich Town 17 10 5 2 27 12 15 35
3 Peterborough United 18 9 4 5 40 23 17 31
4 Rotherham United 18 9 3 6 30 18 12 30
5 Coventry City 18 7 9 2 23 20 3 30
6 Oxford United 17 8 5 4 37 19 18 29
7 Fleetwood Town 16 9 2 5 29 20 9 29
8 Blackpool 18 7 8 3 26 21 5 29
9 Bristol Rovers 17 8 4 5 23 22 1 28
10 Portsmouth 17 7 6 4 26 18 8 27
11 Sunderland 17 7 5 5 24 19 5 26
12 Burton Albion 17 6 6 5 21 18 3 24
13 Shrewsbury Town 17 6 6 5 16 19 -3 24
14 Doncaster Rovers 15 6 5 4 24 17 7 23
15 Gillingham 18 5 6 7 21 21 0 21
16 Rochdale 19 5 4 10 21 33 -12 19
17 Accrington Stanley 18 4 6 8 24 28 -4 18
18 Lincoln City 17 5 3 9 18 22 -4 18
19 AFC Wimbledon 18 4 4 10 21 28 -7 16
20 Tranmere Rovers 17 4 4 9 21 32 -11 16
21 Milton Keynes Dons 18 4 1 13 15 29 -14 13
22 Southend United 19 1 3 15 18 53 -35 6
23 Bolton Wanderers 15 3 4 8 9 36 -27 13
24 Bury 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Place Team GP Won Draw Lost GF GA +/- Points
1 Wycombe Wanderers 10 8 2 0 20 10 10 26
2 Ipswich Town 8 3 4 1 12 7 5 13
3 Peterborough United 9 6 2 1 24 9 15 20
4 Rotherham United 8 3 2 3 13 7 6 11
5 Coventry City 10 7 2 1 14 7 7 23
6 Oxford United 7 5 1 1 18 7 11 16
7 Fleetwood Town 9 7 1 1 16 7 9 22
8 Blackpool 9 5 2 2 15 12 3 17
9 Bristol Rovers 9 4 4 1 13 9 4 16
10 Portsmouth 9 5 4 0 17 9 8 19
11 Sunderland 9 5 3 1 17 8 9 18
12 Burton Albion 7 2 3 2 4 3 1 9
13 Shrewsbury Town 9 4 3 2 11 11 0 15
14 Doncaster Rovers 9 5 2 2 15 10 5 17
15 Gillingham 9 4 1 4 15 11 4 13
16 Rochdale 10 2 3 5 8 14 -6 9
17 Accrington Stanley 8 3 2 3 17 12 5 11
18 Lincoln City 7 4 1 2 10 7 3 13
19 AFC Wimbledon 9 3 4 2 10 10 0 13
20 Tranmere Rovers 8 2 3 3 14 12 2 9
21 Milton Keynes Dons 10 3 1 6 8 17 -9 10
22 Southend United 9 0 1 8 7 30 -23 1
23 Bolton Wanderers 8 2 4 2 5 10 -5 10
24 Bury 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Place Team GP Won Draw Lost GF GA +/- Points
1 Wycombe Wanderers 9 3 5 1 8 4 4 14
2 Ipswich Town 9 7 1 1 15 5 10 22
3 Peterborough United 9 3 2 4 16 14 2 11
4 Rotherham United 10 6 1 3 17 11 6 19
5 Coventry City 8 0 7 1 9 13 -4 7
6 Oxford United 10 3 4 3 19 12 7 13
7 Fleetwood Town 7 2 1 4 13 13 0 7
8 Blackpool 9 2 6 1 11 9 2 12
9 Bristol Rovers 8 4 0 4 10 13 -3 12
10 Portsmouth 8 2 2 4 9 9 0 8
11 Sunderland 8 2 2 4 7 11 -4 8
12 Burton Albion 10 4 3 3 17 15 2 15
13 Shrewsbury Town 8 2 3 3 5 8 -3 9
14 Doncaster Rovers 6 1 3 2 9 7 2 6
15 Gillingham 9 1 5 3 6 10 -4 8
16 Rochdale 9 3 1 5 13 19 -6 10
17 Accrington Stanley 10 1 4 5 7 16 -9 7
18 Lincoln City 10 1 2 7 8 15 -7 5
19 AFC Wimbledon 9 1 0 8 11 18 -7 3
20 Tranmere Rovers 9 2 1 6 7 20 -13 7
21 Milton Keynes Dons 8 1 0 7 7 12 -5 3
22 Southend United 10 1 2 7 11 23 -12 5
23 Bolton Wanderers 7 1 0 6 4 26 -22 3
24 Bury 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
H2H Comparison
18.03.2015 Burton Albion Southend United 2:1
03.10.2015 Burton Albion Southend United 1:1
03.12.2019 Burton Albion Southend United 1:0
Burton Albion - Last 5 games
07.12.2019 Burton Albion Lincoln City 0:2
30.11.2019 Oldham Athletic Burton Albion 0:1
26.11.2019 Sunderland Burton Albion 1:2
23.11.2019 Peterborough United Burton Albion 1:0
19.11.2019 Burton Albion Salford City 4:1
Southend United - Last 5 games
07.12.2019 Bristol Rovers Southend United 4:2
23.11.2019 Southend United Oxford United 0:4
13.11.2019 Southend United AFC Wimbledon 3:1
10.11.2019 Dover Athletic Southend United 1:0
05.11.2019 Portsmouth Southend United 4:1